One person died while three others were gravely injured in a road accident in Tyuni on Wednesday. Police are still investigating on the reasons behind the accident.
The deceased woman has been identified as Himachal Pradesh resident Santosh Thakur while the injured are Sirmaur resident 42-year old Asha, Shimla resident 64-year old Sarvan and Tyuni resident Misru. Five year old Shivang and Shabah were also involved in the accident, but they sustained only minor physical injury.
According to the information provided by Tyuni police station, they received information at 2:40 PM that a four wheeler has been in an accident and had fallen off the mountainside into a gorge. Two minors and four adults were rescued from the accident site by the local police team. Not waiting for the arrival of ambulance, the injured were immediately taken to the Community Health Centre (CHC) in a private vehicle. The doctors there referred five victims to higher centre while one female victim was declared dead.
The injured have told the police that they had started their journey at 4 in the morning and they were going from Nerva to Hanol via Tyuni.
Thursday, 05 December 2019 | PNS| Dehradun
You might also like
- One dead & three gravely injured in road accident December 5, 2019
- Basketball and TT played at district level in Khel Mahakumbh December 5, 2019
- Drivers-helpers of all commercial vehicles to be verified December 5, 2019
- Citizens face traffic woes on the first day of Assembly session December 5, 2019
- A VA official changed a message to simply help justify Shulkin’s wife’s travel December 5, 2019