In the view of the counting of votes polled in the Lok Sabha election to be conducted on May 23, officials in the provisional state capital Dehradun conducted an inspection and training session on Tuesday at Maharana Pratap Sports Stadium Raipur. The State’s additional chief electoral officer V Shanmugham, Dehradun district magistrate SA Murugesan and senior superintendent of police (SSP) Nivedita Kukreti along with the district magistrates and police officers concerned of various other districts viewed the arrangements.
Officials present during the visit checked the arrangements for the counting in Electronically Transmitted Postal Ballet System (ETPBS) and postal ballot counting centres along with the Electronic Voting Machine (EVM) and Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Trail (VVPAT) counting hall. Officials also checked the entrance, strong room and exit gates for various works. Communication and networking connectivity was also checked during the visit. Members of the prominent political parties were also present during the inspection.
Officials were also given training for the counting system. Additional chief electoral officer V Shanmugham and district magistrate SA Murugesan oversaw the training session. In the session 31 supervisors, 210 micro advisers, 190 counting staff and 11 workers were present on Tuesday.
Wednesday, 15 May 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Petitioner objects to planned Bill on exemptions to Ex-CMs November 19, 2019
- SSP reviews night patrolling in Doon November 19, 2019
- Traffic violations: About 2.5cr deposited as compounding fees in Oct November 19, 2019
- SSP adamant on action against autos operating sans meters from Dec 1 November 19, 2019
- Function held to mark Nainital’s 178th birthday November 19, 2019