The odd-even system for operation of private four-wheelers in seven cities of the state has been withdrawn on the directions of the chief minister Trivendra Singh Rawat.
Earlier on Monday evening, the state government had decided that since all shops and commercial establishments (except those prohibited) will be allowed to open on all days in Green and Orange zones, the odd-even formula would be implemented for private four-wheelers in the cities with municipal corporations- Dehradun, Haridwar, Roorkee,Haldwani, Rudrapur, Kashipur and Kotdwar. This formula was applied on the basis of the license plate number and the date on Wednesday.
However, later during the day, the CM directed that this system be withdrawn due to the practical problems being faced by the citizens. Officials concerned were issued directions regarding this.
Thursday, 21 May 2020 | PNS | Dehardun
You might also like
- Odd-even formula withdrawn after implementation May 21, 2020
- CM directs strict action against those violating home quarantine May 21, 2020
- Approachable teachers & reduced load help kids do without tuitions during lockdown May 21, 2020
- Covid-19 fallout: U’khand not transfer employees this year May 21, 2020
- Promised budget not paid to Pradhans: PCC president May 21, 2020