Ambassador Nils Ragnar Kamsvag from the Royal Norwegian Embassy made a courtesy call on Uttarakhand governor Baby Rani Maurya at Raj Bhawan here on Wednesday.
Maurya said that Norway is known to have expertise in aqua culture, power sector and green technology globally. She said that there are immense scope in fisheries, hydropower projects, solar energy and green technology sectors for Norwegian companies in Uttarakhand. Stating that Uttarakhand is an investor-friendly state, she referred to the single window system for investors and policy-based decisions taken to promote investment in the state. She expressed hope that the visit of the Norwegian ambassador would help promote bilateral relations.
Speaking on the occasion, Kamsvag said that trade relations between India and Norway are strengthening. Earlier Norwegian companies used to focus in Maharashtra and Gujarat but now they are interested in Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh too. Norway has entered into an agreement with Survey of India and Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee for research works, he added.
Thursday, 07 February 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Objections raised on ‘Nishank’s’ nomination paper March 27, 2019
- Clash between BJP MLAs may create problems for party March 27, 2019
- Police issue prohibition order against habitual offender for LS polls March 27, 2019
- Training programme held on Waste Management Rules & amendments March 27, 2019
- Villagers mark Chipko anniversary in jungle March 27, 2019