Ambassador Nils Ragnar Kamsvag from the Royal Norwegian Embassy made a courtesy call on Uttarakhand governor Baby Rani Maurya at Raj Bhawan here on Wednesday.
Maurya said that Norway is known to have expertise in aqua culture, power sector and green technology globally. She said that there are immense scope in fisheries, hydropower projects, solar energy and green technology sectors for Norwegian companies in Uttarakhand. Stating that Uttarakhand is an investor-friendly state, she referred to the single window system for investors and policy-based decisions taken to promote investment in the state. She expressed hope that the visit of the Norwegian ambassador would help promote bilateral relations.
Speaking on the occasion, Kamsvag said that trade relations between India and Norway are strengthening. Earlier Norwegian companies used to focus in Maharashtra and Gujarat but now they are interested in Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh too. Norway has entered into an agreement with Survey of India and Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee for research works, he added.
Thursday, 07 February 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Farmers to pay Rs 100/month for Rs 3,000/month pension June 14, 2019
- CM reviews Kumbh Mela 2021 preparations June 14, 2019
- CM seeks details of issues to be raised in NITI Aayog meeting June 14, 2019
- Issue show-cause notice to polluting factories, HC directs UEPPCB June 14, 2019
- Waste segregation, decentralised composting to start in all Govt colonies June 14, 2019