Following reports that the patients suffering from Swine Flu are increasing in the State and confirmation by health authorities that two patients have died due to H1 N 1 virus, the State Health Department has swung into action on Friday and issued advisory to all the districts of the State.
On the day, the director general (DG) of State Health Services, Dr T C Pant took a review meeting of the officials of the health department. In the meeting, DG took note of the newspaper reports on Swine Flu and expressed concern that a situation of fear and confusion is prevailing among the people due to these reports.
He claimed that as per the report of World Health Organisation (WHO), Swine Flu is no longer an epidemic but is just like any seasonal influenza.
The DG further claimed that all the hospitals of the State are well-equipped with the medicines needed for treatment of Swine Flu. He added that the people should not get panicky due to the instances of Swine Flu surfacing now.
Dr Pant said that if a person complains of breathlessness along with cough and cold he/ she should immediately consult a doctor. He clarified that all the suspected patients of Swine Flu need to be tested for the presence of H1 N1 and doctors do not wait for outcome of the tests to start the treatment of the suspected patients.
The DG also made an appeal to the private hospitals and nursing homes to inform about scientific facts about the disease so that the people do not get panicky.
Swine Flu is a viral disease. Its virus is also called H1 N1 and its genetic analysis has shown that it originates from the animals specially pigs hence it is called Swine Flu. The virus spreads from person to person similar to that of seasonal influenza.
1. Cover nose and face with handkerchief while sneezing or coughing.
2. After/ before touching face and nose and before and after taking meals one should wash hands thoroughly by soap.
3. Drink copious quantity of water and take healthy nutritious food.
1. Avoid shaking hands or hugging people.
2. Avoid travelling while ill.
3. Do not send a child to school if he/ she is suffering from cough or cold.
4. Never take self- medication and consult a doctor.
Saturday, 12 January 2019 | PNS | Dehradun-–
You might also like
- Desirable Techniques To Pay Back Payday Advances Online June 13, 2019
- Rani gets a special gift June 13, 2019
- Work to reduce crashes June 13, 2019
- That which you Got To Know About Paper Write for me personally and just why June 13, 2019
- JeM strikes CRPF on yatra route June 13, 2019