The Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman received appreciation of those who had assembled at Survey of India auditorium when as a mark of her respect and gratitude for the sacrifice of the families of the martyrs, she touched feet of the war widows. The programme was organised by Musssoorie MLA Ganesh Joshi.
When the Defence Minister arrived on the stage, the organisers announced that the mother of the martyr Ajit Pradhan (Sena Medal), Hem Kumari would welcome the Minister by offering a bouquet and a shawl. When the mother of the martyr came to the stage, the Defence Minister surprised everyone by refusing to accept the bouquet and said instead that she had come here to honour the family members of the martyrs.
Then, she touched the feet of Hem Kumari and wrapped the shawl round her shoulders. Later in the programme too when the Veer Naris were being honoured, she made it a point to touch their feet, a gesture which won the heart of all present.
Tuesday, 05 March 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- BJP finalises plan for filing of nominations March 21, 2019
- Guv greets public on Holi March 21, 2019
- Hospital gears up for accident cases on Holi March 21, 2019
- Modi must come clear on his false promises to people of U’khand: Cong March 21, 2019
- Political parties need to focus more on women-related issues: women voters March 21, 2019