NH 74 scam: HC orders Pandey to appear before IO, cooperate in probe
The High Court of Uttarakhand has directed one of the accused in the NH 74 scam, suspended IAS officer Pankaj Pandey to appear before the investigation officer in the case on January 14. Pandey was also directed to cooperate in the investigation. He has also received temporary relief from arrest till February 12.
During hearing on the case, the single bench of justice Manoj Kumar Tiwari asked as to why Pandey had not been arrested so far.
In response, the Government counsel informed that since he is an IAS officer, the State Government has sought permission from the Central Government to prosecute him but the permission is still awaited. The court has directed the State to submit its reply in this regard in three weeks. The case will be taken up for hearing next on February 12.
It will be recalled that the suspended IAS officer is accused of facilitating more than valid amount to farmers in compensation while posted as the district magistrate of Udham Singh Nagar.
Earlier, his application for anticipatory bail had been rejected by the lower court. Read More
Friday, 11 January 2019 | PNS | Nainital-
You might also like
- PM Modi to address public rally at Rudrapur on March 28 March 20, 2019
- Police deployment on basis of manpower audit in general election March 20, 2019
- Election commission keeping an eye on high value transactions- Sowjanya March 20, 2019
- BJP leaders pay homage to Parrikar March 20, 2019
- HC directs Govt to reply by March 27 on pharmacist recruitment issue March 20, 2019