There was some relief from traffic congestion on Subhash Road and Rajpur Road near Saint Joseph’s Academy on the second day of new system introduced to avoid traffic problems here on Wednesday.
After being asked by the police, the school authorities are allowing vehicles of parents coming to pick up their children inside the school campus.
Owners of the shops in the area state that traffic jams due to the school last up to half an hour and even longer during the monsoon. The drivers of school rickshaws and vans parked on Subhash Road said that parents parking their vehicles on both sides of the road used to cause traffic congestion.
The police have now allowed single lane for parking of vehicles outside the school, directing other vehicles to parking facility nearby apart from the two-wheelers and four-wheelers entering the school from different gates to park on campus. Though there was some improvement in the traffic flow, the public still faced traffic congestion outside the school.
The school van and rickshaw drivers said that parents coming to pick up their ward in four-wheelers are a major cause of congestion on Subhash Road outside the school. It now remains to be seen as to how much the situation improves in the coming days.
Thursday, 11 July 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Four arrested, victim rescued in abduction case July 11, 2019
- Neetu Valmiki of BJP wins re-election with 1641 votes July 11, 2019
- From Doon School to Jnanpith Award: Amitav Ghosh’s amazing journey July 11, 2019
- New system brings some relief from traffic woes July 11, 2019
- Two-year-old injured by stray dog at Preeti Enclave near Shimla Bypass July 11, 2019