There was some relief from traffic congestion on Subhash Road and Rajpur Road near Saint Joseph’s Academy on the second day of new system introduced to avoid traffic problems here on Wednesday.
After being asked by the police, the school authorities are allowing vehicles of parents coming to pick up their children inside the school campus.
Owners of the shops in the area state that traffic jams due to the school last up to half an hour and even longer during the monsoon. The drivers of school rickshaws and vans parked on Subhash Road said that parents parking their vehicles on both sides of the road used to cause traffic congestion.
The police have now allowed single lane for parking of vehicles outside the school, directing other vehicles to parking facility nearby apart from the two-wheelers and four-wheelers entering the school from different gates to park on campus. Though there was some improvement in the traffic flow, the public still faced traffic congestion outside the school.
The school van and rickshaw drivers said that parents coming to pick up their ward in four-wheelers are a major cause of congestion on Subhash Road outside the school. It now remains to be seen as to how much the situation improves in the coming days.
Thursday, 11 July 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Pithoragarh By election: Will Priyanka charisma work? November 13, 2019
- Smart phones-Anganwadi workers to observe protest November 13, 2019
- Harrawala Railway station to get better basic facilities and security November 13, 2019
- Third edition of Valley of Words to start on Nov 15 November 13, 2019
- Resume Doon- Badiyargarh bus service- Joshi November 13, 2019