In re-election held in Amwala Tarla ward for the position of councillor, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) candidate Neetu Valmiki won the election by 1641 votes. Mayor Sunil Uniyal ‘Gama’ congratulated the candidate on her victory.
A total of 3566 were counted in the ward with Valmiki receiving 1641 votes, Congress candidate Monika Chaudhary got 1451 votes while independent candidates Usha Rani and Lakshmi Devi received 339 and 56 votes respectively. Returning officer Dinesh Kumar Singh said, “The election results were out in the morning in which the BJP candidate has been announced as the winner defeating the Congress candidate by 190 votes. Fourteen voters opted for NOTA while 65 votes were rejected during the counting.”
Mayor Sunil Uniyal ‘Gama’ said, “We are all very happy about the win and give our best wishes to the councillor. This is a sign of the public’s faith in our party as we are consistently working for the development of the people.” It is pertinent to mention that the civil body elections which were held in the month of November 2018 congress candidate Rita Rani was elected as councillor of the ward. However, six months after the election, the certificate submitted by her was found incorrect which resulted in her disqualification.
Thursday, 11 July 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Four arrested, victim rescued in abduction case July 11, 2019
- Neetu Valmiki of BJP wins re-election with 1641 votes July 11, 2019
- From Doon School to Jnanpith Award: Amitav Ghosh’s amazing journey July 11, 2019
- New system brings some relief from traffic woes July 11, 2019
- Two-year-old injured by stray dog at Preeti Enclave near Shimla Bypass July 11, 2019