Doon Library and Research Association committee celebrated the National Librarian Day on the birth anniversary of SR Rangnathan at the Doon Library and Research Centre here on Monday. Several speakers on this occasion spoke about the contribution of Rangnathan and the importance of books in a person’s life.
Chief guest and senior litterateur Madan Sharma said, “Library is a centre where readers get to know about literature and society, history and culture at one place. Doon Library is a treasure in itself with wonderful books for book lovers and students preparing for competitive exams.”
Research associate Chandrashekar Tiwari said, “Doon Library and Research Centre has always tried to provide books to readers and researchers according to their requirement and interest.
The DLRC is consistently working in this direction. “Member of association, Rakesh Joshi said, “In the world of new and digital media, libraries are becoming less popular in some places. It is important to remember that libraries will always play an important part of a student’s life.”
Tuesday, 13 August 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- (no title) November 14, 2019
- Governor’s decision unconstitutional November 14, 2019
- Trouble in Jharkhand November 14, 2019
- Deepika shares Ranveer’s photo November 14, 2019
- There is absolutely no contract among practitioners on who should produce the directions, although some psychologists recommend an organization that is professional including the United states Psychological Assn., might be best matched to complete the task. November 14, 2019