Naidu to pay homage to martyr in village today
All arrangements have been completed for the Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu’s visit to Kunja Bahadarpur in Jhabrera area where he will pay homage to a colonial era martyr. Senior officials of the district administration and police oversaw the rehearsal on Friday and issued necessary instructions.
The Vice President has been invited on behalf of the villagers on the Martyr’s Day to be celebrated on November 30 at Kunja Bahadarpur. He will arrive at BEG Roorkee by helicopter in the morning and from there travel by car to the village. After attending the event from 10 am to 12 pm, he will return to BEG and after a brief rest, leave for Dehradun.
It is said that during the colonial era, there was a battle between the villagers and the British between 1822 and 1824. Raja Vijay Singh was martyred in this battle. A memorial was built in his memory.
The Vice President will be paying homage to the martyr at this memorial.
Saturday, 30 November 2019 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- Naidu to pay homage to martyr in village today November 30, 2019
- Char Dham Shrine Board: Cong supports Teerth Purohits and stakeholders November 30, 2019
- Cong demands rollback of tax on commercial buildings November 30, 2019
- Collection of tax on commercial buildings to start in new wards November 30, 2019
- GAIL introduces payment options for domestic PNG connections November 30, 2019