Most complex ISRO mission Chandrayaan-2 on July 15
India’s second sojourn to the moon, Chandrayaan-2, would be launched on July 15, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) announced on Wednesday, as it is all set for the most complex mission ever undertaken by it.
Under the nearly Rs 1,000 crore mission, the landing on the moon near the South Pole would be on September 6 or 7 on an uncharted territory, ISRO chairman K Sivan said.
The Lander, named after the father of the Indian space programme, Vikram Sarabhai, will touch down on a rugged lunar surface in the final descent, which, would be the “most terrifying moment” of the mission. “This 15 minutes is going to be terrifying to all of us not only people from ISRO, but for entire India, because the space agency has never undertaken such type of complex flight,” he said.
Thursday, 13 June 2019 | PNS | Bengaluru
You might also like
- Most complex ISRO mission Chandrayaan-2 on July 15 June 13, 2019
- UP Bar Council chief shot dead by colleague June 13, 2019
- First batch of Kailash Mansarovar pilgrims reaches U’khand June 13, 2019
- ULS members continue protest on third day June 13, 2019
- CM inaugurates range of development works in Pauri June 13, 2019