Politics is a good medium to serve the society and more women should participate in it. Women tend to be more sensitive, kind and dedicated to service so their entering politics will benefit society and the nation, said the governor Baby Rani Maurya. She said this while speaking at a webinar organised by a public school in Agra on women empowerment.
Replying to a question asked by a student, Maurya said that anyone interested in entering politics should connect to social concerns and issues. One should participate in public welfare works at various levels from childhood in addition to helping the needy around.The governor further opined that the active participation of women in politics should increase. Public interest tasks like raising the voice of the weaker section of society, welfare schemes for the poor, work for welfare of women and children can be undertaken effectively through politics. Addressing the girls in the present context, she said that by maintaining self confidence, dreaming big, working hard and with good education and broad thinking, they can achieve success in any field while also contributing to the development of the nation.
Monday, 24 August 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- China sitting pretty September 23, 2020
- Minister Dhan Singh, Cong deputy leader, BJP MLA test positive for Covid September 23, 2020
- 11 deaths, 874 new Covid-19 cases in U’khand September 23, 2020
- Doctors withdraw OPD boycott call September 23, 2020
- About 1/3 of GDMC staff infected with Covid-19 September 23, 2020