MLA & wife booked for sexual assault & criminal intimidation
A case was filed in Nehru Colony police station against Dwarahat MLA Mahesh Negi and his wife Reeta Negi on Sunday on the orders of the Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate-V (ACJM-V) after hearing a petition by the woman who has accused Negi of sexual assault.
Last month, Negi’s wife had filed a police complaint against the woman who had accused Negi of sexual exploitation for two years claiming that the woman was trying to blackmail Negi for Rs five crore. However, the woman had claimed that she wanted a secure future for her daughter and had never made such demands. She had reportedly said that she was allegedly offered money by Negi’s wife to not make this matter public. According to the official sources, following the court order, Negi was booked under section 376 for sexual assault and his wife under section 506 of India Penal Code (IPC) for criminal intimidation. However, the MLA has persistently averred all the allegations against him are baseless, adding that some leaders of an opposition party are also involved in the conspiracy to frame him.
Monday, 07 September 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- BMC action is ‘rape of my dreams, confidence, self-respect, future: Kangana September 18, 2020
- 4 Indian cities slip in Global Smart City rankings September 18, 2020
- No power can prevent Army patrols in Ladakh: Rajnath September 18, 2020
- Harsimrat quits over farm Bills September 18, 2020
- Under secretary Hari Singh dies of Covid September 18, 2020