A meeting was organised in the Vikas Bhawan Auditorium on Monday to discuss the ambitious scheme of Prime Minister Narendra Modi on doubling the income of farmers by 2022. Presiding over the meeting, the State minister for higher education, cooperatives and dairy development, Dhan Singh Rawat directed the departments concerned to meet their targets on time.
He deliberated on schemes towards changing the orientation of agriculture towards organic farming and gave information about assistance given by the government in case of disaster or natural death of the farmer and also procedure for one time settlement. The minister reviewed the programmes being undertaken by cooperative committees in the district.
Rawat informed that under Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay scheme, 11,622 farmers have been given interest free loan of Rs 5817.05 lakh through the agriculture department. Regarding women empowerment under the scheme Rs five lakh interest free loan has been proposed for women and self help groups, said the minister.
To strengthen the economic condition of farmers under different schemes, suggestions were given by departmental officials. Linking of 5000 members to organic farming was proposed in the meeting. The Haridwar district magistrate Deependra Chaudhary and other officials concerned were also present during the meeting.
Tuesday, 01 October 2019 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- Ideas When your Elitist Adventure Could certainly Be Gamed as a result of Everyone November 17, 2019
- Overseas Marriage Broker Regulation Act of 2005: November 17, 2019
- Artist should push himself to be successful: Shreya Sharma November 17, 2019
- A star abused me on sets: Swara Bhasker November 17, 2019
- RCom chairman Anil Ambani, four directors resign November 17, 2019