Cabinet Minister, Madan Kaushik started the anti-diarrhoea campaign in Haridwar district by administering Rota virus vaccine to children at Rishikul auditorium here on Saturday. Speaking on the occasion, Kaushik said that campaign to make the State healthy has started. He said that the campaign would attain desired success only by community participation. Appealing the personnel of health department, the Minister said that Asha workers would play a key role in making the programme a success.
The Chief Medical Officer (CMO) of Haridwar, Dr Saroj Naithani, said that the rota virus vaccine would be administered along the penta-valent vaccine in the children below one year of age. She informed that diarrhea is one of the major causes of death in the children below five years of age and 40 percent of the diarrhea affected children are infected by the Rota virus. She added that the vaccine would be administered free of cost in all health centres.
Sunday, 11 August 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Document, digitalise State history & culture: Irani November 9, 2019
- Celebratory state foundation week a farce- UKD November 9, 2019
- Latest version of EVMs for Pithoragarh by polls November 9, 2019
- Police detain two after alleged attempt to attack MLA November 9, 2019
- NSUI protests against fee hike November 9, 2019