Cabinet Minister, Madan Kaushik started the anti-diarrhoea campaign in Haridwar district by administering Rota virus vaccine to children at Rishikul auditorium here on Saturday. Speaking on the occasion, Kaushik said that campaign to make the State healthy has started. He said that the campaign would attain desired success only by community participation. Appealing the personnel of health department, the Minister said that Asha workers would play a key role in making the programme a success.
The Chief Medical Officer (CMO) of Haridwar, Dr Saroj Naithani, said that the rota virus vaccine would be administered along the penta-valent vaccine in the children below one year of age. She informed that diarrhea is one of the major causes of death in the children below five years of age and 40 percent of the diarrhea affected children are infected by the Rota virus. She added that the vaccine would be administered free of cost in all health centres.
Sunday, 11 August 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Minister administers Rota vaccine August 11, 2019
- Larvae of dengue spreading mosquito found in MLA hostel August 11, 2019
- Biometric attendance in B Ed colleges August 11, 2019
- Training of ‘GST Mitras’ organised August 11, 2019
- Teacher transfer complaints: committee to submit report August 11, 2019