A police constable reportedly frustrated with the functioning of the police attempted suicide by consuming a poisonous substance here on Monday. The other policemen took him to the hospital on time where after necessary treatment, his condition was stated to be out of danger.
Presently posted in Kichha, constable Lakshman Singh Rana was in the barrack situated above the Mallital police station when he consumed an insecticide. Another police constable Anand Prasad who arrived there and came to know about Rana having consumed a poisonous substance informed other policemen about it. The policemen then took Rana to the BD Pandey government hospital.
After treatment at the hospital, his condition was out of danger, said Dr MS Dugtal. According to sources, a jeep which Rana had purchased some years ago was reportedly stolen from Mallital in the past. The stolen vehicle was later recovered but Rana had not yet gained possession of the vehicle due to technical reasons as the vehicle had reportedly not been transferred in his name.
Tuesday, 16 April 2019 | PNS | Nainital
You might also like
- JeM strikes CRPF on yatra route June 13, 2019
- Cabinet clears fresh Bill to ban instant triple talaq June 13, 2019
- Most complex ISRO mission Chandrayaan-2 on July 15 June 13, 2019
- UP Bar Council chief shot dead by colleague June 13, 2019
- First batch of Kailash Mansarovar pilgrims reaches U’khand June 13, 2019