During his inspection visit to monitor the broadening and strengthening of Kanwad Patri Marg being undertaken by irrigation department for Kumbh Mela 2021 works, the Mela officer Deepak Rawat directed the officials to complete the work by June next year.
He directed the officials to ensure that the work is completed within the specific time frame. Out of the 55 kilometre long Kanwad Marg, broadening of 32 kilometres has been taken up by the irrigation department.
Presently the Kanwad Patri Marg is 3.5 metres wide which will be widened to seven metres.
Apart from broadening and strengthening works, beautification of the route will also be done. Relevant signages, toilets, resting places and lighting will also be ensured on the Kanwad Patri Marg.
Stressing on ensuring the desired level of quality in the works, the Mela officer further said that third party audit will be done once the work is complete to test the quality of the road. Additional Mela officer Lalit Narayan Mishra, Gopal Singh Chauhan, executive engineer irrigation department, Purushottam and others were also present during the inspection.
Friday, 11 October 2019 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- Prez Rule in Maharashtra, parties relieved November 13, 2019
- NHAI aiming to complete Kumbh Mela works by June 2020 November 13, 2019
- Pithoragarh By election: Will Priyanka charisma work? November 13, 2019
- Smart phones-Anganwadi workers to observe protest November 13, 2019
- Harrawala Railway station to get better basic facilities and security November 13, 2019