The Municipal Corporation of Dehradun (MCD) officers stated that it might take two more days to clean the Parade Ground of the trash left during the event organised for the BJP president Amit Shah. Even after two days of the programme, the garbage and the banned polythene and polystyrene materials are spotted littering the area, creating a problem for the locals.
Queried over it, the civic body officers said that the ground is a sprawling one and the quantum of garbage being huge, it might take them two more days to clean it fully.
Asked to comment on the matter, the chief municipal health commissioner Kailash Joshi said, “MCD has been facing a shortage of sanitation workers for long. This might account for the delay. However, we are managing things somehow. We have formed a team of 20 workers engaged in cleaning the Parade Ground area since the day the event was held. The newly bought Jatayu machine is also being used there. We have collected garbage through around 20 trolleys from Parade Ground over the past two days.”
Wednesday, 06 February 2019 | Monisha Bahuguna | Dehradun
You might also like
- ‘Main Bhi Chowkidar’: Poor watchmen hope for Acche Din March 23, 2019
- Mala Rajya Laxmi Shah, two others file nominations from Tehri March 23, 2019
- Nishank supporters celebrate, factions close ranks to ensure win March 23, 2019
- BJP candidates file nominations from Tehri, Garhwal March 23, 2019
- BJP lists candidates for 5 Parliamentary seats March 23, 2019