The Municipal Corporation of Dehradun (MCD) will soon commence the work of the construction of wedding points in Dehradun in order to provide affordable wedding venues for the residents of the city. According to Dehradun mayor, Sunil Uniyal ‘Gama’, the corporation is looking for ways to generate more revenue through various sources as the revenue generation has been quite low in the last several months due to Covid-19 pandemic. Recently, ‘Gama’ also announced the plan of setting up the bus shelters in the new wards of the city which will be a greater source of income for MCD as the bus shelters in the old wards already generate the revenue of more than Rs 20 lakh every year for the corporation. He informed that the MCD has planned the construction of wedding points before the lockdown but it got delayed due Covid-19. Therefore, after selecting the suitable places for wedding points and considering some proposals, the MCD will invite tenders soon for the construction of the wedding points, informed ‘Gama’.
Tuesday, 08 September 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Payal Ghosh on why she named Huma Qureshi, Mahie Gill in MeToo charge against Anurag Kashyap September 23, 2020
- Dia Mirza: Never procured, consumed narcotic or contraband substance September 23, 2020
- China sitting pretty September 23, 2020
- Minister Dhan Singh, Cong deputy leader, BJP MLA test positive for Covid September 23, 2020
- 11 deaths, 874 new Covid-19 cases in U’khand September 23, 2020