The Municipal Corporation of Dehradun (MCD) is planning to set up vending zones in several locations in the city and will soon invite the tenders for setting up these zones. The municipal commissioner Vinay Shankar Pandey stated that the vending zones will be set up in the city but it might take some time to complete all the procedures like preparing documents for the process and inviting tenders for all the marked locations of the vending zones. Initially, the corporation had planned to invite the tenders in March but this plan was stalled due to State-wide lockdown put in place to check the spread of Covid-19. According to the officials, there were 12 locations which were initially marked for the construction of vending zones before the lockdown but a few months back, seven more locations have been marked by the corporation for the vending zones. The locations which have been marked by the corporation to set up vending zones are located near Karnpur, Nehru Colony, Patelnagar, Indira Colony and MDDA Colony Dalanwala among several others in the city.
Monday, 31 August 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- BMC action is ‘rape of my dreams, confidence, self-respect, future: Kangana September 18, 2020
- 4 Indian cities slip in Global Smart City rankings September 18, 2020
- No power can prevent Army patrols in Ladakh: Rajnath September 18, 2020
- Harsimrat quits over farm Bills September 18, 2020
- Under secretary Hari Singh dies of Covid September 18, 2020