MCD starts drive to evict unauthorised vendors in city
Acting on the announcements made by Municipal Corporation of Dehradun (MCD) for two consecutive days, the drive to evict unauthorised vendors started in the city from Friday.
MCD conducted the drive in various crowded areas of the city. On the first day of the drive, no fine has been taken from any of the vendors. However, some wooden carts and goods have been seized during the drive.
Giving information on the drive, the officer in-charge, MCD, said, “On the first day of the drive on Friday, we have taken no fine from any of the vendors found on the wrong side of the law. However, some items and goods have been seized by us. The drive has been conducted in the bustling areas like Paltan Bajar and Moti Bajar in the city. We have used a truck to take away the seized goods. Besides, six wooden carts have been seized during the drive. The drive would continue in the city in the coming days.”
As per the information provided by the officers, the vendors having proper permission from the MCD would be allowed to sell their goods in the city.
Saturday, 12 January 2019 | PNS | Dehradun—
You might also like
- PM Modi to address public rally at Rudrapur on March 28 March 20, 2019
- Police deployment on basis of manpower audit in general election March 20, 2019
- Election commission keeping an eye on high value transactions- Sowjanya March 20, 2019
- BJP leaders pay homage to Parrikar March 20, 2019
- HC directs Govt to reply by March 27 on pharmacist recruitment issue March 20, 2019