Even after the strict direction given by the district magistrate C Ravishankar to the Municipal Corporation of Dehradun (MCD) for demolishing the condemned buildings in the city, no steps have been taken so far.
Officials have only served notices to the condemned building owners however no further steps have been taken by the official even after the southwest monsoon has already arrived in the state.
Municipal commissioner Vinay Shankar Pandey said, “We have the all the authority as per the law. Data of the condemned buildings were revised time and again by us and notices were also served.
However it is true that no firm steps were taken regarding the notice. We will be serving notices for the second time if after that the condition remains the same, then necessary actions will be taken by us in a month.” It is pertinent to mention that in the past nearly 32 buildings in the city were marked as condemned.
As per the revised data by the team the number has increased to 47 buildings in the city. As per the past of the MCD only once people were removed from a condemned buildings in the city some years ago and no condemned building has been razed by the MCD so far.
An official in charge said, “No buildings in the city have been demolished by us in the past. This is because a majority of buildings have dispute and some has cases pending in court.”
Saturday, 13 July 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Divest Champion of Uttrakhand Assembly membership: UKD July 13, 2019
- Monsoon showers hamper highway works in Haridwar July 13, 2019
- Police ignore minors riding bikes at rush hour after school July 13, 2019
- 15-yr-old girl dies in accident near Bairagi bus stand July 13, 2019
- MCD fails to take any action on condemned buildings July 13, 2019