MCD continues drive against building materials & debris on roads
The Municipal Corporation of Dehradun (MCD) imposed penalties on six people and collected a fine of Rs 6,000 from them for keeping the construction material and debris on the roads on Wednesday. On the third day of the drive on Wednesday, the MCD along with imposing penalties on people seized nine trolleys of construction material and debris from the main roads.
According to deputy municipal commissioner Rohitash Sharma, the team covered Canal Road and EC Road on the third day of the drive. “We started from Survey Chowk and covered the whole area of EC Road. We seized four trolleys of materials from EC Road and more than five trolleys from Canal Road,” he added.
According to Sharma, the MCD started taking actions against the offenders after it was seen that the construction materials placed on the main roads was creating problems for commuters and was disrupting the flow of traffic.
He further said that the MCD will continue this drive and will take actions against those who are becoming a hindrance in keeping the city clean and in order. Along with seizing debris and material, a welding machine was also seized by the MCD. The municipal commissioner Vinay Shankar Pandey has requested the public not to keep any construction material or debris on the roads.
Thursday, 05 December 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- MCD continues drive against building materials & debris on roads December 5, 2019
- HC orders DM to appear in PIL against riverside encroachment in Rishikesh December 5, 2019
- Efforts to better lot of farmers yielding positive results December 5, 2019
- TN amateur spots Vikram, beats NASA, ISRO December 4, 2019
- Winter session of U’khand assembly begins today December 4, 2019