The mortal remains of martyr Yamuna Prasad Paneru were cremated with full state honours at Chitrashila Ghat of Ranibagh in Haldwani on Sunday. The education minister Arvind Pandey, BJP state president Bansidhar Bhagat and many prominent persons visited the residence of the martyr and placed floral wreaths on his body as mark of respect. At Chitrshila Ghat, the transport and social welfare minister Yashpal Arya placed floral wreath over the mortal remains of Paneru. Arya attended cremation of the martyr on the behalf of chief minister (CM) Trivendra Singh Rawat.
Earlier on the day, the body of the martyr was brought to his residence from Army Cantonment in a somber environment. The funeral pyre of Paneru was lit by his seven year old son Yash and brother Bhuwan Paneru. MLAs Navin Dumka, Ram Singh Keda, former minister Harish Chandra Durgapal also attended the funeral ceremony.
Subedar Paneru lost his life in Gurej sector of Kupwara in Jammu and Kashmir on Thursday during patrolling. He joined Kumaon regiment of Army in February 2002. Anative of Padampur Meedar village of Okhlakanda block, Paneru was a keen mountaineer and had scaled Mount Everest in the year 2012.
Monday, 15 June 2020 | PNS | Haldwani
You might also like
- IPL 2020: Super Victory September 20, 2020
- Amend farm Bills, BKS asks Centre September 20, 2020
- LoP Hridayesh, BJP’s Shams hospitalised after testing positive September 20, 2020
- Covid-19: Record breaking spree of contagion continues in U’khand September 20, 2020
- Prepare for increased movement in coming days: CS September 20, 2020