Marriage procession of Lord Rama to start from U’khand
Procession to commence from Ragunath temple of Devprayag and merge with procession on its way to Janakpur in Nepal from Ayodhya
The tourism department of Uttarakhand has decided to take out a Barat (Marriage procession) of Lord Rama from Ragunath temple located at Devprayag town to the Janakpuri in Nepal. The marriage procession from Uttarakhand would start from Devprayag on Thursday and would merge with the procession from Ayodhya which is on its way to Nepal.
The tourism minister Satpal Maharaj told media persons at state secretariat on Wednesday that the Yatra would start for the first time from Uttarakhand. He said that apart from having religious importance, the Yatra would help in strengthening the ages old ties between Uttarakhand and Nepal. The relationships between India and Nepal are strained these days due to the claim made by the Nepal on the Lipulekh and Kalapani areas of Pithoragarh district of Uttarakhand.
It is pertinent to mention here that Pauri district in Uttarakhand has many historic places and temples associated with Ramayana and Lord Ram and the state government is planning to set up a Sita circuit in the state for religious tourists. The circuit would have Raghunath temple of Lord Rama at Devprayag, Sita temple located at Falswari and Laxman temple of Dewal in Pauri district.
Thursday, 28 November 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Marriage procession of Lord Rama to start from U’khand November 28, 2019
- Encroachment along Ganga in Rishikesh: HC seeks detailed affidavit from officials November 28, 2019
- Clear skies in Doon & snowfall in mountains forecast today November 28, 2019
- Disinvestment of THDC: Congress holds state-wide protests November 28, 2019
- Public transport unreliable during night hours, say parents November 28, 2019