In another case of incident by high tension power line, a man in Dehradun sustained severe burns while on Sunday. Ashish Singh, a native of Lakhimupur in Uttar Pradesh presently living in three storied building under the jurisdiction of Selaqui police post, sustained 50 per cent burns after coming into contact with a high tension power line. He is currently being treated in a private hospital.
According to the information provided by the police, in a three storied building near the factory of Intas Pharmaceutical the victim went to dry his clothes. That is when he came in contact with the high tension power line. When senior officers of electricity department were informed about the incident they said that that notices are being issued to those buildings which were made without No Objection Certificate below high tension cables.
It is pertinent to mention here that recently, chief minister Trivendra Singh Rawat had directed that low hanging overhead power lines be tightened. However, various anomalies continue in the power supply infrastructure in the provisional state capital Dehradun.
Monday, 08 July 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Man burnt by high tension power line July 8, 2019
- Importance of waste minimisation July 8, 2019
- Big B’s ‘Alma Mater’ completes 150 years of its existence July 8, 2019
- All Saints’ College celebrates 150 years of foundation July 8, 2019
- Conscious irony depicted by Sarika in her upcoming book July 8, 2019