A man allegedly murdered his wife at a village in Khatima, Udham Singh Nagar district on Friday. According to the information provided by the police, the accused in the case suspected his wife of having an extra marital affair. The deceased wife has been identified as Meera (38) while the accused husband is Nikesh Adhikari (45). They also have two sons who are studying in classes VII and VIII.
According to the police, Adhikari used to doubt his wife’s character because of which their relationship was already going through turmoil. On Friday, in the morning when his wife and children were sleeping he strangled his wife with a bicycle chain and then threw the body in the nearby jungle. Later when the local people got to know about the incident they informed the police. The body has been recovered by the police and is going through post-mortem procedure.
Saturday, 28 September 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- CM inaugurates Industrial Summit in Haridwar September 28, 2019
- Children back on streets two months after Operation Mukti in Doon September 28, 2019
- DGP directs steps to ensure fair and peaceful Panchayat polls September 28, 2019
- CBI nabs Rs 800 crore loan scam accused from Haridwar September 28, 2019
- Four more cases registered in scholarship scam September 28, 2019