While most people celebrating Christmas were doing so in the usual manner, young volunteers of Making a Difference by Being the Difference (MAD) conducted a clothes distribution drive in different parts of the city including sites near Doon Hospital, Survey Chowk and Parade Ground on the occasion. In a bid to spread the warmth and cheer of the festive season among the less fortunate, the group handed out woolen clothing to the families they met on the roadsides.
“This is our second phase of the clothes distribution drive. We have received an enthusiastic response in form of the generous donations by our fellow residents,” remarked Satvik Nijhon, an active MAD member. The group had first collected clothes donated by citizens in various parts of the city. This was followed by segregation and bundling of clothes as per the age-group of their probable recipients.
“We would be continuing the distribution and attempting to reach as many persons in need of comfort as possible”, said Ayushi, another member of the group.
This activity saw an attendance of 20 volunteers from MAD who catered to the clothing needs of those in need. Volunteers including Ayushi, Satvik Nijhon, Shardul Aswal, Anoop, Kartikey Khatri, and Utsavi among others participated in the drive. Read more posts…
Wednesday, 26 December 2018 | PNS | Dehradun—
You might also like
- ‘Main Bhi Chowkidar’: Poor watchmen hope for Acche Din March 23, 2019
- Mala Rajya Laxmi Shah, two others file nominations from Tehri March 23, 2019
- Nishank supporters celebrate, factions close ranks to ensure win March 23, 2019
- BJP candidates file nominations from Tehri, Garhwal March 23, 2019
- BJP lists candidates for 5 Parliamentary seats March 23, 2019