Tuesday, 31 July 2018 | PNS | Haldwani–
A major mishap was averted when passengers in a roadways bus were rescued unharmed after the reportedly drunk driver of the bus tried to cross a swollen nala unsuccessfully. A bus from the Kathgodam depot plying from Haldwani to Tanakpur when the bus was carried away by the strong current of the water in the nala swollen following rains. The Sub Dvisional Magistrate AB Bajpai has ordered a police inquiry into the accident.
At about 8 AM on Monday, bus number UK 04 CA 0240 driven by Anand Vallabh departed from Haldwani to Tanakpur with 28 passengers. When the bus came to the Sher Nala near Chorgalia, the driver who was allegedly drunk tried to negotiate the submerged route. But, the nala was in spate and the bus was carried off course by about 50 metres by the strong current of water. Hearing the screams of the passengers, those nearby informed the police. Later the police and locals rescued all the passengers from the stranded bus in a collective effort which lasted for about an hour. Meanwhile, the bus driver was not found at the site. It is being averred that he went away from the site and could not be found till the afternoon as he was drunk.
You might also like
- JeM strikes CRPF on yatra route June 13, 2019
- Cabinet clears fresh Bill to ban instant triple talaq June 13, 2019
- Most complex ISRO mission Chandrayaan-2 on July 15 June 13, 2019
- UP Bar Council chief shot dead by colleague June 13, 2019
- First batch of Kailash Mansarovar pilgrims reaches U’khand June 13, 2019