Tuesday, 31 July 2018 | PNS | Haldwani–
A major mishap was averted when passengers in a roadways bus were rescued unharmed after the reportedly drunk driver of the bus tried to cross a swollen nala unsuccessfully. A bus from the Kathgodam depot plying from Haldwani to Tanakpur when the bus was carried away by the strong current of the water in the nala swollen following rains. The Sub Dvisional Magistrate AB Bajpai has ordered a police inquiry into the accident.
At about 8 AM on Monday, bus number UK 04 CA 0240 driven by Anand Vallabh departed from Haldwani to Tanakpur with 28 passengers. When the bus came to the Sher Nala near Chorgalia, the driver who was allegedly drunk tried to negotiate the submerged route. But, the nala was in spate and the bus was carried off course by about 50 metres by the strong current of water. Hearing the screams of the passengers, those nearby informed the police. Later the police and locals rescued all the passengers from the stranded bus in a collective effort which lasted for about an hour. Meanwhile, the bus driver was not found at the site. It is being averred that he went away from the site and could not be found till the afternoon as he was drunk.
You might also like
- ‘Main Bhi Chowkidar’: Poor watchmen hope for Acche Din March 23, 2019
- Mala Rajya Laxmi Shah, two others file nominations from Tehri March 23, 2019
- Nishank supporters celebrate, factions close ranks to ensure win March 23, 2019
- BJP candidates file nominations from Tehri, Garhwal March 23, 2019
- BJP lists candidates for 5 Parliamentary seats March 23, 2019