Friday, 27 April 2018 | PNS | Haldwani–
Residents of Haldwani and Gaulapar areas staged a demonstration in support of their demand for shifting the trenching ground here on Thursday. They formed a human chain and garlanded the trash truck drivers while preventing them from dumping garbage in the trenching ground.
The locals gathered under the banner of the Indranagar Jan Vikas Samiti which has been protesting on this issue for some time now. Led by the Haldwani Mandi Samiti chief Sumit Hridayesh, the protesting locals formed a human chain and presented flowers to the garbage truck drivers while also stopping them from unloading the garbage.
Hridayesh, who is also a Congress leader, said that this dumping ground is causing major water and air pollution in the area. This has negatively affected agriculture even while the drinking water is becoming contaminated. The contamination being caused by the trenching ground is causing breathing problems among those living in the area while even the babies in the area are suffering from ill-effects. The locals alleged that the land in question is in a forest range but has been encroached upon for being misused as a dumping ground for garbage.
You might also like
- AIMPLB seeks Ayodhya review November 18, 2019
- Badrinath shrine closed to the public for winters November 18, 2019
- CM unveils foundation for Smart City works costing 578.18 crore November 18, 2019
- Kotwali police issues Rs 60,000 challan November 18, 2019
- Duo making hemp seed soap receive Rs 10 lakh from CM November 18, 2019