Leopard dies after being hit by vehicle on highway
The body of a leopard was discovered by locals on the side of national highway 121 in Ampokhra range of Terai west forest division on Monday night.
The locals informed the forest department about their discovery. The sub divisional officer Kundan Singh Khati reached the site along with a departmental team. Inspecting the site, the departmental team took away the body of the female leopard.
According to the forest department officials, it seems as if the leopardess died after being hit by a vehicle. The mouth of the big cat was injured and blood was coming out of it.
The leopardess is estimated to have been aged more than one year. All its body parts were found to be intact. On Tuesday, the post mortem examination of the big cat was conducted by a team of veterinarians. The carcass was destroyed after that.
The department has lodged a case against the unidentified driver of an unknown vehicle believed to be responsible for the death of the leopard.
Wednesday, 13 November 2019 | PNS | Haldwani
You might also like
- Guru Nanak’s teachings to always remain relevant- CM November 13, 2019
- Dry weather, clear to partly cloudy sky forecast today November 13, 2019
- Leopard rescued after entering home in village November 13, 2019
- Leopard dies after being hit by vehicle on highway November 13, 2019
- (no title) November 13, 2019