Lady constable commits suicide, policeman booked for abetment
A woman constable posted in the Jhabreda police station area of Haridwar district committed suicide by hanging herself. The body of the woman was found hanging in the kitchen of her accommodation on Monday. On the complaint of her family members, a police man has been booked for alleged harassment and abetment of suicide.
The police did not find a suicide note by the lady constable Manjita who hailed from Chakrata and had joined the police in 2016. Haridwar superintendent of police (Rural) Swapan Kishore Singh informed that the police have not received any suicide note from the room and the matter is being investigated. In this case, the family had lodged a complaint based on which a case under section 306 of IPC has been lodged against Parminder Aswal who works in the Civil Line Police Station in Roorkee. The bereaved family members have accused him of harassing and abetting the suicide of the lady constable. The investigation of the case has been handed over to Manglaur circle officer.
Tuesday, 07 July 2020 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- AI crash probe on amid speculation August 9, 2020
- Not wearing mask in public- pay Rs 200 fine, receive four washable masks August 9, 2020
- CM presents Teelu Rauteli Award to 21 achievers August 9, 2020
- Highest single day spike of Covid-19 in U’khand August 9, 2020
- Salary deduction of MLAs August 9, 2020