Most people read history but there are some who make history. The Kar Sevaks (volunteers) in the Ram Janmabhoomi movement are among those who helped make history, said the State’s Tourism and Culture minister Satpal Maharaj in a function held to felicitate Kar Sevaks here on Sunday.
Addressing the gathering, Maharaj said that by undertaking Kar Seva during the Ram Janmabhoomi movement, the volunteers had paved the way for construction of the temple and made history. The coming generations will read about this aspect of history. He said that it was due to the efforts and struggles of the Kar Sevaks that today the construction of a grand Ram temple in Ayodhya has become possible.
Speaking on the occasion, the Bharatiya Janata Party state president Banshidhar Bhagat said that the Ram temple in Ayodhya will definitely make history in the world. Due to the sacrifices and hard work of the volunteers, the devotees will soon be able to visit the grand Ram temple in Ayodhya,he said.
Ravidev Anand of Vishwa Hindu Parishad and MLA Harbans Kapoor also expressed their views on the occasion. Kar Sevaks from various parts of the state were felicitated with a picture of Ram Janmabhoomi and an Angvastra by Maharaj and former cabinet minister Amrita Rawat.
Monday, 17 August 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- IPL 2020: Super Victory September 20, 2020
- Amend farm Bills, BKS asks Centre September 20, 2020
- LoP Hridayesh, BJP’s Shams hospitalised after testing positive September 20, 2020
- Covid-19: Record breaking spree of contagion continues in U’khand September 20, 2020
- Prepare for increased movement in coming days: CS September 20, 2020