Jankranti Vikas Morcha (JVM) held a protest on Monday at the Municipal Corporation of Dehradun (MCD).
The group accused officials of not doing their duty properly and stated that MCD should start taking necessary steps for improving their services in the city which can actually bring changes.
Chairperson of JVM Amit Jain said, “We want that at least the basic developments should be facilitated in the city by the MCD. The hollow promises will not work anymore.”
The memorandum submitted by the group comprises 10 points demanding steps like regularisation of all slum settlements under MCD, identifying and collecting the data of the Government land from all the wards, measures for preventing dengue and such diseases, strong management for waterlogging problem and the formation of a committee for checking the development work of the MCD. Adding further in this Jain said, “The development of the city is directly connected with the development of the citizen. We urge the officials to draw their attention toward these issues.”
Wednesday, 03 July 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- JVM protests in MCD for not giving proper services July 3, 2019
- Locals face problems due to tourist rush July 3, 2019
- Solar energy plant proposed on Kanwad Patri Marg July 3, 2019
- SCPCR seeks update in Vasu murder case July 3, 2019
- Traders give ultimatum to department July 3, 2019