Jhanda fair and nomination rallies trigger traffic jams on roads in Doon
Monday marking the start of the Jhanda Fair and the last day of filing of nomination for the general election saw huge traffic congestion on the roads of the city.
The roads which pass through the Darbar Road and going up to Saharanpur Chowk were closed for vehicles due to the traffic issues. Things were compounded even further as this was the final day of filing nomination. The rallies of the candidates with the presence of the hundreds of party activists made the traffic crawl near Prince Chowk.
A visitor near Saharanpur Chowk Garima Singh said, “I came with my mother in a two-wheeler, but the police did not allow us to use the lanes. We have walked our way to the market as it is urgent. My mother has difficulty in walking, but we are helpless.. Police have stopped the movement of the two- wheelers and the four- wheelers through Darbar Road. The parking facility is also very poor.”
A student near Prince Chowk Abhinav said, “I was stuck in an auto-rickshaw for a very long time as the rally of a candidate was passing. Later, I decided to walk instead of waiting in the traffic jam. I did not know when it would clear.”
A trader near Prince Chowk said, “The party supporters walk right on the roads. Sometimes, they park their vehicles in front of our shops. Our customers face difficulties to reach us thanks to such haphazard parking of vehicles.”
Tuesday, 26 March 2019 |PNS| Dehradun
You might also like
- Jhanda fair and nomination rallies trigger traffic jams on roads in Doon March 26, 2019
- handa Mela starts in Doon , 10 lakh devotees flock Darbar Sahib for prayer March 26, 2019
- SP not to field candidate from Garhwal March 25, 2019
- UKD announces candidates from five constituencies March 25, 2019
- Modi, Shah, Union ministers & others to campaign in U’khand March 25, 2019