Apart from a big spike in the number of cases of Covid-19 in the past few days in the provisional state capital Dehradun, one of the worrying facts is that the infection rate (IR) has climbed to 16.70 percent in the last ten days. IR is the percentage of total positive samples out of total tested and is an important indicator of extent of contagion in the population.
In the period from September 1 to September 10, a total of 13805 samples were tested in Dehradun district and out of them 2306 were found positive for Covid-19. This means that in these days IR stands at staggering 16.70 percent which is the highest IR so far in Uttarakhand.
The founder of Social Development for Communities Foundation (SDCF), Anoop Nautiyal said that in the last ten days, 17 out of 100 have tested positive in Dehradun which is a very high rate. He said that the overall IR in Uttarakhand is 6.02 percent and the government of India has set a target to all the states to keep IR below 5 percent. Incidentally in the last ten days the IR in the state is 8.34 percent. Nainital has an IR of 13.21 percent in the last ten days while Haridwar too has a high IR of 9.34 percent during this period. Udham Singh Nagar has IR of 9.23 percent while Pauri has IR of 8.71 percent.
Saturday, 12 September 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- SP Balasubramanyam passes away at 74 September 25, 2020
- Deepika arrives in Mumbai for NCB quizzing tomorrow September 25, 2020
- From Rail Roko to Bharat Bandh September 25, 2020
- Magnitude of Kumbh Mela will depend on Covid situation: DG (L&O) September 25, 2020
- Covid-19: 13 deaths, 684 new cases reported in U’khand September 25, 2020