The seven-day International Yoga Festival which was kicked off on 28 February at Ganga Resort came to an end on a musical note on Wednesday. The festival was organised by Uttarakhand tourism department and Garhwal Mandal Vikas Nigam.
During the festival, many attempts were made for attaining world records.
The organisers are hopeful of the world records being set once the verification is done by the team. Attempts were made for setting world records in the postures of warrior, bridge pose and mermaid pose.
Speaking to The Pioneer, the managing director of Garhwal Mandal Vikas Nigam Jyoti Neeraj kherwal said, “Here at the festival, we tried to include various attractions for the yoga practitioners, including discourses by eminent ayurvedacharyas and yogacharyas. The hallmark was the performance by hundreds of yoga students. The main asanas were Virbhadra and Raj Kapot. We intend to get some world record for these two Asanas. While 897 students performed Virbhadra Aasan for 3 minutes and 3 seconds Raj Kapot asan was performed by 761 practitioners for 1 minute 30 seconds.
Thursday, 07 March 2019 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- BJP finalises plan for filing of nominations March 21, 2019
- Guv greets public on Holi March 21, 2019
- Hospital gears up for accident cases on Holi March 21, 2019
- Modi must come clear on his false promises to people of U’khand: Cong March 21, 2019
- Political parties need to focus more on women-related issues: women voters March 21, 2019