Innovation Day was celebrated at JB Institute of Technology with retired chief general manager (geo-physics) of ONGC, JN Prabhakarudu as the chief guest on Tuesday. He stressed that innovations have been the key to survival since ancient times. Petroleum and other minerals are explored only upto five kilometres beneath the surface whereas contrary to the common belief at lower depths there lies a huge potential called super reserves and even this extensive drilling is not dangerous or harbinger of any natural calamities like earthquakes or landslides. He also spoke about innovations in finance, information technology, defence and social sectors. Later, students debated on the benefits and disadvantages of nuclear energy. A poster competition against the abuse of nature was also held on the occasion.
Wednesday, 16 October 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- One arrested for duping old people November 13, 2019
- Guru Nanak’s teachings to always remain relevant- CM November 13, 2019
- Dry weather, clear to partly cloudy sky forecast today November 13, 2019
- Leopard rescued after entering home in village November 13, 2019
- Leopard dies after being hit by vehicle on highway November 13, 2019