Despite various relaxations during the ongoing Unlock 2, industrial units at SIIDCUL Haridwar are facing various problems. While some units are not working, others are facing problems due to technical workers not yet returning from their home states, lack of goods, expensive raw material and drop in orders.
SIIDCUL association general secretary Raj Arora said that at present 300 out of 400 units are working and many of them are facing problems. Earlier, raw material used to arrive a week after placing the order but now the raw material is arriving in three weeks. Due to problems related to raw materials, labour, orders and other aspects units at SIIDCUL are going through a bad phase at this time with an estimated loss of about Rs 2,500 crore, he averred.
On the other hand, work has been halved in dozens of units in Roorkee area of Haridwar district, which has had a major impact on labour and the demand for sanitisers and other products in pharma companies. This has lead to a rise in raw material prices.
Saturday, 18 July 2020 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- Amend farm Bills, BKS asks Centre September 20, 2020
- LoP Hridayesh, BJP’s Shams hospitalised after testing positive September 20, 2020
- Covid-19: Record breaking spree of contagion continues in U’khand September 20, 2020
- Prepare for increased movement in coming days: CS September 20, 2020
- Saturday closure of markets turns out to be a flop September 20, 2020