Illegal parking on road near CJM disrupts traffic flow
The haphazard and unauthorised parking of private vehicles in front of Convent of Jesus and Mary (CJM) school near the Tibetan market has become a major cause of traffic congestion on roads around the Parade Ground. It is such that during the school closing time, the tri-junction there becomes a choking point for the traffic. District police have often taken steps to ensure proper traffic management there, but no permanent solution to the parking problem there has been found yet.
Superintendent of Police (traffic) Prakash Chandra Arya said that the vehicle owners are allowed to park only on one side of the road. The tri-junction point is absolutely off limits for parking vehicles. If such is the case, they will take actions accordingly.
It is pertinent to mention here that district traffic police have been able to improve the traffic situation at Subhash Road, which was earlier a traffic choke point during the closing time of Saint Joseph’s Academy.
Thursday, 21 November 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Illegal parking on road near CJM disrupts traffic flow November 21, 2019
- ARIES plays role in discovery of Gamma Ray Burst November 21, 2019
- USDMA holds multi-stakeholder workshop November 21, 2019
- Data collection important for research: Chaubey November 21, 2019
- MCD parking fee: citizens question validity November 21, 2019