Protests were held in Dehradun on Saturday on the heinous rape and brutal murder of the woman veterinarian in Hyderabad. Agitated by the incident, the members of Akhil Bharatiya Vidhyarthi Parishad (ABVP) held a vehement protest at DAV PG College here. On the day, the students assembled at the college campus and shouted slogans. After holding a march, the students burned the effigy of the culprits.
They demanded that capital punishment should be given to the culprits so that similar barbaric and heinous incidents are not repeated. The students also said that a fast track court should be set up and exemplary punishment should be given to the culprits. The students of the private Ayurveda colleges also held protest at Lansdowne chowk on the day. They also demanded death sentence for the culprits.
Sunday, 01 December 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Pioneer of middle cinema Basu Chatterjee no more June 5, 2020
- Unclog NCR border: SC to Delhi, UP, Hry June 5, 2020
- CM announces Rs 1 lakh ex-gratia for dependents of Covid-19 fatalities June 5, 2020
- 68 new patients reported in U’khand, total rises to 1,153 June 5, 2020
- Teerth Purohits, stakeholders oppose plan to open Yatra June 5, 2020