Multiple operations in single sitting
The doctors of Mahant Indiresh hospital here have successfully used hybrid technology for treating complicated vascular problems in the patients of renal (kidney) failure. In these patients the life saving process of dialysis can get halted when the dialysis graft gets blocked by a clot. A separate operation is needed to be done to remove this block but this operation puts the life of patients at risk.
The hospital authorities claimed that recently two renal failure patients (with blockade of graft) were successfully treated by the technique of hybrid vascular intervention.
Senior cardio thoracic surgeon of the hospital, Dr Arvind Makker who along with interventional radiologist Dr Prashant Sarda planned the operation said that in hybrid technique multiple operations can be done in a single sitting which saves cost and multiple admissions of patients. He added that this kind of operation requires a special set up combining an operation theatre and catheterization laboratory.
Saturday, 27 June 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Deepika arrives in Mumbai for NCB quizzing tomorrow September 25, 2020
- From Rail Roko to Bharat Bandh September 25, 2020
- Magnitude of Kumbh Mela will depend on Covid situation: DG (L&O) September 25, 2020
- Covid-19: 13 deaths, 684 new cases reported in U’khand September 25, 2020
- Modi govt the biggest well wisher of farmers: Rawat September 25, 2020