Hungarian climber still not found, extreme weather hampers rescue
The teams of National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) and State Disaster Response Force (SDRF) along with few personnel of the India army are at the Trishul base camp in Chamoli district. The team’s search and rescue mission for Hungarian climber Peter Wittek (37) who went missing on Trishul mountain has been hampered by the continued bad weather in the district.
According to officials, the teams went till camp one and stayed there for about three-four days, but the extreme weather conditions there have made it impossible for them to progress further. As of now, they are waiting at base camp for the weather to subdue. It is also pertinent to mention here that three SDRF personnel earlier also tried to land from a helicopter of the Indian Air Force, but the weather did not permit the operation.The Hungarian climber has been missing for more than 10 days after being reportedly hit by an avalanche during the expedition on Trishul mountain.
Thursday, 10 October 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Agonising wait for CT scan machine of GDMC hospital October 10, 2019
- Hungarian climber still not found, extreme weather hampers rescue October 10, 2019
- ABAP seeks ban on programmes like Bigg Boss October 10, 2019
- From ‘Bhiksha’ to ‘Shiksha’, student transforms lives of 15 children October 10, 2019
- SSP admits lapse, claims robbers will be nabbed soon October 10, 2019