BJP councillors at loggerheads with mayor, civic body officers
The BJP helming the State Government and a Congress leader helming the municipal corporation as the mayor, hostility between the two parties is mounting in the civic body with the crucial Lok Sabha election approaching. A day after the mayor Anita Sharma criticised the vindictive treatment meted out to her regarding her official vehicle taken away in view of the enforcement of the model code of conduct, the BJP councillors came out in protest against the apathetic approach of the mayor and the municipal commissioner at the office of Haridwar Roorkee Development Authority. The councillors alleged that sanitation was the worst in the city now and neither the mayor nor the officer was paying heed to the woes the people are facing.
Speaking to The Pioneer, the BJP councillor Anirudh Bhati from Haridwar city said that the municipal commissioner Alok Pandey had humiliated the delegation led by him which had gone to him to recount the difficulties the people were facing. A resident of Shravan Nath Nagar Rajesh Sharma said that things the civic body is supposed to take care of are in a mess and the officers are totally indifferent to their woes.
He along with some others came to the civic body office to recount their woes to the officers on the day.
Saturday, 16 March 2019 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- Objections raised on ‘Nishank’s’ nomination paper March 27, 2019
- Clash between BJP MLAs may create problems for party March 27, 2019
- Police issue prohibition order against habitual offender for LS polls March 27, 2019
- Training programme held on Waste Management Rules & amendments March 27, 2019
- Villagers mark Chipko anniversary in jungle March 27, 2019