Himalayan Knowledge Network workshop held in S & T congress
A consultative workshop on Himalayan knowledge network was organised by GB Pant National Institute of Himalayan Environment and Sustainable Development (GBPNIHESD) and Uttarakhand State Council for Science and Technology (UCOST) on the second day of the state science and technology congress on Friday.
GBPNIHESD director RS Rawal said that there should be a centralised data management system in which all the data should be available. RC Sundriyal from the institute spoke on bridging science, policies and practices to foster sustainable development in the India Himalayan Region. Participants in the workshop agreed to develop/strengthen regional hub of academicians, scholars and knowledge centers, promote evidence based policies and practices and share research findings and good practice across Indian Himalayan regions on similar issues.
The National Mathematics Day was also celebrated on the occasion with a brainstorming session on challenges in mathematics education. A total of 16 technical sessions were also held during the day.
Saturday, 29 February 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Himalayan Knowledge Network workshop held in S & T congress February 29, 2020
- AAUY; compulsion of referral removed February 29, 2020
- Time to unlearn & then learn for real February 29, 2020
- Laser show demo held for Kumbh Mela February 29, 2020
- Officials & Akhada members inspect sites for Bhoo Samadhi February 29, 2020