HIGH COURT TO HOLD RTA LIABLE FOR NON IMPLEMENTATION OF STAY ORDERS
Wednesday, 07 March 2018 | PNS | Dehradun-
Taking note of non implementation of its decision on the stay on grant of stage carriage permits to Vikrams, the Uttarakhand High Court has held the Regional Transport Authority (RTA) accountable if any such permits are issued. The President of Dehradun city bus union Vijay Vardhan Dandariyal had approached HC against the decision to grant stage carriage permit to Vikrams having 7/8 seats. Dandariyal said that the petition came up for hearing on February 27 in which the bench of Justice Sudhanshu Dhulia has fixed responsibility of the RTA on grant of stage carriage permits to the Vikrams.
It is worth mentioning here that HC had stayed grant of stage carriage permits to contract carriage vehicles like Vikrams. The city buses association is opposing the Vikrams running on fixed routes and picking up retail customers like stage carriage permit holders.
You might also like
- IPL 2020: Super Victory September 20, 2020
- Amend farm Bills, BKS asks Centre September 20, 2020
- LoP Hridayesh, BJP’s Shams hospitalised after testing positive September 20, 2020
- Covid-19: Record breaking spree of contagion continues in U’khand September 20, 2020
- Prepare for increased movement in coming days: CS September 20, 2020