Former CM Harish Rawat had said that defectors can be re inducted in party if they tender apology
The war of wits between factions of Uttarakhand Congress opposed to one another is continuing. After former Chief Minister (CM) and general secretary of All India Congress Committee (AICC) Harish Rawat created stir by saying that the party can re-induct its defectors if they tender an apology, the Pradesh Congress Committee (PCC) president Pritam Singh quipped on Friday that the issue would be decided by the party high command. Rawat while interacting with a news channel on Thursday had said that he has no personal grudge against the leaders who had defected to BJP and added that they can come back to party’s fold if they apologise for their action.
Nine Congress MLAs including former CM Vijay Bahuguna, Harak Singh Rawat and Subodh Uniyal had left Congress party and joined BJP in 2016 when Harish Rawat was the chief minister. The PCC President when asked about the media on the statement said that the doors of the party are always open and one can enter and exit from this door at any point of time. He however added that the final decision on the issue would be taken by the party high command and everyone has to respect its decision.
Saturday, 25 July 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Payal Ghosh on why she named Huma Qureshi, Mahie Gill in MeToo charge against Anurag Kashyap September 23, 2020
- Dia Mirza: Never procured, consumed narcotic or contraband substance September 23, 2020
- China sitting pretty September 23, 2020
- Minister Dhan Singh, Cong deputy leader, BJP MLA test positive for Covid September 23, 2020
- 11 deaths, 874 new Covid-19 cases in U’khand September 23, 2020