The State Meteorological Centre has forecast the likelihood of intense rain showers at isolated places today. Light to moderate rainfall and thunderstorms are forecast in majority of places. In Dehradun on Saturday rain and thunderstorm can also occur.
Monsoon in the State has been deficient so far in July but meterological centre officials said that heavy rainfall activity is likely on July 24 and 25. Assistant scientist Ankit Sharma said, “There is a possibility that heavy rainfall may likely strike the state on July 24-25. The rainfall activities are visible from July 23. The maximum temperature of Dehardun may rise till July 23 which will drop then onward.”
The maximum and minimum temperatures of Dehradun are likely to be around 34 degree Celsius and 23 degree Celsius respectively on Saturday.
Meanwhile, the maximum and minimum temperatures recorded of the various places on Friday were 33 degree Celsius and 23.6 degree Celsius respectively in Dehradun, 35.6 degree Celsius and 25.8 degree Celsius in Pantnagar, 23 degree Celsius and 15.2 degree Celsius in Mukteshwar and 25.4 degree Celsius and 18 degree Celsius respectively in New Tehri.
Saturday, 20 July 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Grand Sita temple to be built at Falswadi in Pauri November 12, 2019
- Cong raises Gairsain as capital issue again November 12, 2019
- Ram Janmabhoomi judgement through the eyes of millennials November 12, 2019
- Three new sports added to Khel Mahakumbh this year November 12, 2019
- Inferior growth monitoring devices purchased for Anganwadis November 12, 2019