Heavy flow of vehicles results in slow traffic on Monday
The heavy flow of vehicles on Monday created traffic congestion at several places in Dehradun. Superintendent of Police (traffic), Prakash Chandra Arya, said a long weekend usually results in heavy flow of traffic afterwards.
The traffic was comparatively slow, but the traffic jam situation was minimal. He also said that with the temporary closure of trains from Dehradun railway station, the vehicles were coming in more numbers towards the city area. However, he maintained that heavy traffic on Monday is a usual occurrence and the flow of traffic will get normal by Wednesday.
It is pertinent to mention here that initially, Dehradun Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Arun Mohan Joshi had made traffic-related problems his priority, but even after about four months, the traffic situation in the city remains the same.
According to officials, the existing infrastructure in Dehradun and the poor road quality and potholes have cumulative effect on traffic.
Tuesday, 12 November 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Heavy flow of vehicles results in slow traffic on Monday November 12, 2019
- UJVN Ltd presents Rs 10.02 cr dividend to CM November 12, 2019
- SSP concerned about illegal web of cable wires November 12, 2019
- Brothers of PCS officer allegedly thrash neighbours November 12, 2019
- District police plan to initiate technologically advanced team November 12, 2019